David Verney Associates have many years of experience working with a vast range of business clients.
David Verney says “I have been privileged over many years to see inside literally hundreds of businesses of all shapes and sizes, and have also run my own businesses in both professional and commercial settings. I now enjoy sharing that experience and knowledge with SME businesses, giving them valuable financial expertise in a way which they would not otherwise be able to afford.”
David Verney Associates offer services both in a real personal format (which can be permanent or temporary) and in a virtual format.
What is a Virtual FD?
The Virtual Finance Director or Virtual FD is a relatively new concept, enabling small businesses to get FD support that they wouldn’t have been able to afford previously.
Small businesses who hire a Virtual FD get access to an experienced financial professional at a fraction of the cost of a full-time FD. The services will differ from firm to firm, but usually a Virtual FD will:
- Handle all the duties of a traditional FD, but work remotely and on a part-time basis.
- Monitor the financial health and wellbeing of the business, usually with cloud technology.
- Offer financial insight and guidance on all company decisions and issues.
- Provide back-office functions such as managing accounts ledgers, depending on the client and their needs.
David Verney Associates can assist with cloud accounting technology through associate 242Books, which is a Xero Cloud Accounting specialist, who can assist with the following:
- Implementation of Xero/transfer from your existing system
- Repair existing accounting records
- Maintain accurate and reconciled bookkeeping
- Prepare regular reports as required
- Liaise with your accountants at year end and supply information they need in a manner which minimises their fees
As well as Virtual FD, David Verney has in recent years helped a variety of businesses, often for a few days a week or month, by acting as a part time Finance Director. This may be as a consultant, or for more regular permanent arrangements, as a Board member.
Our Part-time Finance Director/consultant services include:
- Providing experienced Finance Director service to SME’s on a part-time basis
- Affordable option for SME’s who cannot afford a full time FD, but need board level finance expertise
- Business planning/forecasting/cash flow management
- Accounting system review/implementation new systems
- Review management and financial reporting and implementing appropriate tailored systems with KPI’s
- Managing finance teams/ensuring finance teams are suitable for the business/recruiting
- Maintain high quality financial information
- Deal with year end process, including liaison with accountants/auditors